UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies, University College London, 7th Annual International Postgraduate Conference
Funding for speakers
The conference team has fundraised certain amount of money to help the best participants to pay towards their travel and accommodation costs.
- All those speakers who have been notified that their abstract has been selected will receive a further letter regarding funding and other arrangements around mid November.
- You will be asked to confirm whether you need any support and asked to provide details. Please find the cheapest travel you can and send us details of this. (For more information on how to do this, please see the website page on 'How to Get Here'). There will also be information about accommodation in this letter.
- You will be notified how much you have been granted by the conference in due course and asked to make appropriate arrangements. Please note that you might not receive the full amount you applied for as the funds will not be sufficient to cover the full costs incurred by every speaker. Please remember to keep a full receipt (not just a credit card slip) when you purchase your ticket and bring it to the Conference, together with our bank account details. Reimbursements will be made by bank transfer in your local currency, which means that you will receive the payment after the conference.
Please check your own institution first as many tend to have funds to financially support their own students’ attendance at conferences. You might want to speak for example to the Graduate Tutor, who will be able to direct you towards possible funds.
Please note that you can apply to the following bodies personally for financial support for your travel and accommodation costs:
- Royal Historical Society - www.rhs.ac.uk/
- INTAS - www.intas.be/
- British Council - www.britishcouncil.org/home-contact-worldwide.htm
- American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies - www.fas.harvard.edu/~aaass/
- Europaeum -