Registration is now open - more details here.
The Study of Earth's Deep Interior (SEDI) focuses on the study of structures, dynamic processes and evolution of Earth's mantle and core. This two-day meeting is aimed to bring together researchers working on the deep Earth in the year that the international SEDI meeting does not take place.
We will welcome all aspects of deep Earth research at the meeting and we hope to specifically discuss the density and dynamics of the deep Earth from a variety of disciplines, including mineral physics, seismology, geomagnetism and geodynamics.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Andy Biggin (University of Liverpool) - geomagnetism
- Marie Bocher (ETH Zurich) - mantle dynamics
- Veronique Dehant (Royal Observatory of Belgium) - Earth nutations
- Eleanor Jennings (Birkbeck University of London) - mineral physics
- Vedran Lekic (University of Maryland) - seismology
- Kuangdai Leng (University of Oxford) - seismology
- Hauke Marquardt (University of Oxford) - mineral physics
- Jenny Wong (IPGP Paris) - core dynamics
- Sanne Cottaar (University of Cambridge)
- Celine Guervilly (Newcastle University)
- Paula Koelemeijer (University College London)
- Andrew Thomson (University College London)
Dates: Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th May 2019.
Followed by the RAS Specialist Discussion meeting on Deep Earthquakes on Friday 10th May 2019 (for those interested).
Location: Department of Earth Sciences, University College London, 5 Gower Place, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6BS.
This meeting is kindly supported by the British Geophysical Association, the Royal Astronomical Society and the Mineral Physics Special Interest group of the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland.