- Northrop, P. J., Attalides, N. and Jonathan, P. (2017) Cross-validatory extreme value threshold selection and uncertainty with application to ocean storm severity.
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C (Applied Statistics), 66(1), 93-120. Pre-print on arxiv.org
- Northrop, P. J., Jonathan, P. and Randell, D. (2016) Threshold Modeling of Nonstationary Extremes.
In Extreme Value Modeling and Risk Analysis: Methods and Applications
- Northrop, P. J. and Attalides, N. (2016) Posterior propriety in Bayesian extreme value analyses using reference priors Statistica Sinica, 26(2), 721-743.
Pre-print on arxiv.org
- Northrop, P. J. (2015) An efficient semiparametric maxima estimator of the extremal index Extremes, 18(4), 585-603
- Kaczmarska, J. M., Isham, V. S. and Northrop, P. J. (2015)
Local generalised method of moments: an application to point process-based rainfall models Environmetrics, 26(4), 312-325
- Northrop, P. J. and Coleman, C. L. (2014)
Improved threshold diagnostic plots for extreme value analyses
Extremes, 17(2), 289-303. Free-to-read online!
- Northrop, P. J. and Chandler, R. E. (2014)
Quantifying sources of uncertainty in projections of future climate
Journal of Climate, 27(23), 8793-8808.
Featured in The Climate CIRCulator, Issue 1, January 2015
- Chandler, R.E., Isham, V.S., Leith, N.A., Northrop, P.J., Onof, C.J., Wheater, H.S. (2014) Uncertainty in rainfall inputs.
Book chapter in Applied uncertainty analysis for flood risk management
- Northrop, P. J. (2013) Comments on "A Simple, Coherent Framework for Partitioning Uncertainty in Climate Predictions"
Journal of Climate, 26(12), 4375-4376
- Northrop, P. J. and Jonathan, P. (2011)
Threshold modelling of spatially dependent non-stationary extremes with application to hurricane-induced wave heights
Environmetrics 22(7), 799-809 (with discussions and rejoinder)
Environmetrics 22(7), 810-816
- Maul, P.R., Robinson, P.C., Northrop, P. (2011) Statistical modelling of graphite brick cracking in advanced gas-cooled reactors.
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C (Applied Statistics), 60(3), 1-15