Department of Economics
University College London
HOME CONTACT VITA RESEARCH TEACHING
· Ph.D., Economics, New York University, 2006.
· M.A., Economics, Seoul National University, 2000.
· B.A., Economics, Seoul National University, 1998.
· Associate Professor (Reader), Department of Economics, University College London, October 2013 - present.
· Assistant Professor (Lecturer), Department of Economics, University College London, July 2006 - September 2013.
· Editorial Board Member, Review of Economic Studies, January 2014 - present.
· Research Fellow, Institute for Fiscal Studies, October 2012 - present.
· International Fellow, Sogang Experimental Economics Laboratory, Sogang University.
· Research Fellow, ESRC Center for Economic Learning and Social Evolution, University College London, July 2006 - September 2011.
· Experimental Economics, Behavioral Economics, Economic Theory.
· Networks in the laboratory (with Edoardo Gallo and Shachar Kariv). Forthcoming, Oxford Handbook of the Economics of Networks, edited by Yann Bramoullé, Andrea Galeotti, and Brian Rogers, Oxford University Press.
· Reserve Price Effects in Auctions: Estimates from Multiple RD Designs (with Lars Nesheim and Imran Rasul). Forthcoming, Economic Inquiry.
· Estimating Ambiguity Aversion in a Portfolio Choice Experiment (with David Ahn, Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), Quantitative Economics, July 2014, 5(2), 195-223.
· Who Is (More) Rational? (with Shachar Kariv, Wieland Müller and Dan Silverman), American Economic Review, June 2014, 104(6), 1518-1550.
· Communication, Coordination and Networks (with Jihong Lee), Journal of the European Economic Association, 2014, 12(1), 223-247.
· A Cognitive Hierarchy Model of Learning in Networks, Review of Economic Design, 2012, 16(2), 215-250.
· Social Learning in Networks: A Quantal Response Equilibrium Analysis of Experimental Data, February 2012 (with Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), Review of Economic Design, 2012, 16(2), 135-157.
· Network Architecture, Salience and Coordination, (with Douglas Gale, Shachar Kariv and Thomas Palfrey), Games and Economic Behavior, September 2011, 73(1), 76-90.
· Sequential Equilibrium in Monotone Games: A Theory-Based Analysis of Experimental Data, (with Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), Journal of Economic Theory, December 2008, 143(1), 302-330.
· Consistency and Heterogeneity of Individual Behavior under Uncertainty, (with Raymond Fisman, Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), American Economic Review, 2007, 97(5), 1921-1938.
· Revealing Preferences Graphically: An Old Method Gets a New Tool Kit, (with Raymond Fisman, Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, May 2007, 97(2), 153-58.
· Behavioral Aspects of Learning in Social Networks: An Experimental Study, 2005 (with Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv). Advances in Applied Microeconomics (Vol. 13), Behavioral and Experimental Economics, edited by John Morgan, JAI Press.
· The Development of Preferences for Institutions: Evidence from North Korean Refugees, August 2015 (with Byung-Yeon Kim, Seo-young Silvia Kim, Jungmin Lee, and Sokbae Lee).
· Interdependent Value Auctions with Insider Information: Theory and Experiment, January 2015 (with José-Alberto Guerra and Jinwoo Kim).
· Do Institutions Affect Social Preferences? Evidence from Divided Korea, October 2015 (with Byung-Yeon Kim, Jungmin Lee, Sokbae Lee, and Kyunghui Choi).
· Trading in Networks: Theory and Experiment, March 2015 (with Andrea Galeotti and Sanjeev Goyal).
· An Experimental Study of Sponsored-Search Auctions, September 2015 (with Yeon-Koo Che and Jinwoo Kim).
· Cho Rak kyo Junior Award, Yonsei University, May 2013.
· Young Scholars Award, the Korea-America Economic Association, January 2011.
· ESRC RES-061-25-0348: Measuring Risk and Time Preferences: Large-Scale Field Experiments, 2008-2011.
· Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship, New York University, Graduate School of Arts and Science, 2005 - 2006.
· C.V. Starr Center Fellowship, New York University, 2002.
· MacCracken Fellowship, New York University, Graduate School of Arts and Science, 2000 - 2004.
· Behavioural Economics (graduate), spring 2012 ~ 2014 , University College London.
· Behavioural Economics (undergraduate), spring 2014 , University College London.
· Intermediate Microeconomics, spring 2010 , University College London.
· Experimental Economics (undergraduate), springs 2007 ~ 2012 , University College London.
· Experimental Economics (graduate), spring 2011 , University College London.
· Environmental Econometrics (graduate), falls 2006 ~ 2008, University College London.
· Intermediate Microeconomics, summers 2002, 2004, 2005, New York University.
· American Economic Journal: Applied Economics; American Economic Review; Econometrica; Fiscal Studies; Games and Economic Behavior; Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization; Journal of Economic Theory; Journal of European Economic Association; Journal of Public Economics; Management Science; National Science Foundation; Review of Economic Design; Review of Economic Studies; Theory and Decision.