I am a macroeconomist. My recent research has looked at topics such as:
- Aggregate Demand and Idiosyncratic Risk
- Expectations and the Crisis
- Fiscal Policy and Anticipation Effects
- Deep Habits,
- Aggregation, Heterogeneity and the Real Exchange Rate
- Participation Choices and Macro Labor Fluctuations
Recent publications (see my publication page for details and more papers)
Andrew Fieldhouse, Karel Mertens and Morten O. Ravn 2018. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Government Asset Purchases: Evidence from Postwar US Housing Credit Policy." Forthcoming, Quarterly Journal of Economics.
Morten O. Ravn and Vincent Sterk 2017. "Job Uncertainty and Deep Recessions." Journal of Monetary Economics.
Karel Mertens and Morten O. Ravn. 2014. "Fiscal Policy in an Expectations Driven Liquidity Trap." Review of Economic Studies.
Karel Mertens and Morten O. Ravn. 2013. "The Dynamic Effects of Personal and Corporate Income Tax changes in the United States." American Economic Review