Room 802a, Department of Mathematics,
UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
j.d.evans • ucl.ac.uk
My name is Jonny Evans. I'm a senior lecturer in mathematics at University College London (UCL), part of the UCL Geometry and Topology Group.
In 2014, I produced a visual guide to the UCL undergraduate mathematics course and here is the source code I used.
- Mathematical Methods 3 (UCL 2012, 2013, 2014). Notes, Q0, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8.
- Aspects of Yang-Mills theory (24 lecture graduate course, ETH 2011).
- First course in symplectic topology (21 lecture graduate course, ETH 2010).
- 2013-2014 E-learning project: Video lectures filmed by students.
I am interested in symplectic topology and Floer theory, particularly in questions about Lagrangian submanifolds.
Me on arXiv and MathSciNet.
My collaborators: Jarek Kędra, Yankı Lekili, Georgios Dimitroglou Rizell and Ivan Smith.
- – J. D. Evans and I. Smith, Markov numbers and Lagrangian cell complexes in the complex projective plane.
preprint 2016. (arXiv:1606.08656)
- – J. D. Evans and Y. Lekili, Generating the Fukaya categories of Hamiltonian G-manifolds.
preprint 2015. (arXiv:1507.05842)
- – J. D. Evans and J. Kędra, Pseudoholomorphic tori in the Kodaira-Thurston manifold.
Compositio Mathematica (2015) 151(12) 2212-2250. (arXiv:1205.1239)
- – G. Dimitroglou Rizell and J. D. Evans, Exotic spheres and the topology of symplectomorphism groups.
Journal of Topology (2015) 8(2):586-602. (arXiv:1407.3173)
- – J. D. Evans and Y. Lekili, Floer cohomology of the Chiang Lagrangian.
Selecta Mathematica (2015) 21(4):1361-1404. (arXiv:1401.4073)
- – J. D. Evans and J. Kędra, Remarks on monotone Lagrangians in Cn.
Mathematical Research Letters (2014) 6:1241-1255. (arXiv:1110.0927)
- – G. Dimitroglou Rizell and J. D. Evans, Unlinking and unknottedness of Lagrangian submanifolds.
Geometry & Topology, (2014) 18:997-1034. (arXiv:1211.6633)
- – J. D. Evans, Quantum cohomology of twistor spaces and their Lagrangian submanifolds.
Journal of Differential Geometry, (2014) 96(3)353-397. (arXiv:1106.3959)
- – J. D. Evans, The infimum of the Nijenhuis energy.
Mathematical Research Letters, (2012) 19(2):383-388. (arXiv:1109.4854)
- – J. D. Evans, Symplectic mapping class groups of some Stein and rational surfaces.
Journal of Symplectic Geometry (2011) 9(1):45-82. (arXiv:0909.5622)
- – J. D. Evans, Lagrangian spheres in Del Pezzo surfaces.
Journal of Topology (2010) 3(1):181-227. (arXiv:0902.0540)
Elsewhere on the Internet
Last updated 25th September 2016.