- Chris offers research supervision in applied areas relating to Economic Development and Transition in Russia and Eastern Europe. Particular interests include health and well-being, poverty, inequality and the labour market.
- Currently supervising:
- Chiara Amini (ESRC Scholarship Holder) - "Essays in Economic Development ", jointly with Prof. Tomasz Mickiewicz.
- Christy Smith (ESRC Scholarship Holder) - "Political Economy of Human Capital and Institutions".
- Diana Quirmbach(ESRC Scholarship Holder) "Economics of Russian Health Reform".
- Completed supervisions:
- Zlatko Nikolski (ORS Scholarship holder) "Inequality, Poverty and Institutions", jointly with Prof. Tomasz Mickiewicz. Duration, 2007-11, defended, March 2011.
- Olivia Noble (Victor and Rita Swoboda Scholarship Holder) - "Understanding well-being in Ukraine". Duration, 2005-09; defended, April 2009.
- Jong-Kyu Lee (ORS Scholarship Holder) - "Economic Growth in Transition", jointly with Prof. Tomasz Mickiewicz. Duration, 2004-08; defended, April 2008.
a Scholarship Holder) - "Understanding Poverty - a multidimensional approach";